Electronics and Communication Engineering
B-TECH IN ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING : 60 Seats
The Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) Department was started from the beginning of College itself in the year 2011 with an intake of 60. The B-Tech degree course in ECE follows the Scheme and Syllabus of " Mahatma Gandhi University / Kerala Technical University " to which the College is affiliated. This Course is of 8 Semesters and covers a period of 4 years as per AICTE norms.
The Department is backed up by highly qualified, efficient and committed faculty members. They are periodically deputed to participate in conferences and various faculty development programs to keep in pace with latest development in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering. Our emphasis is on putting the theoretical knowledge into practical use there by leading to the development of highly efficient engineers. We have ECE students association known as "e-brains" as well as Professional Technical associations like IETE Students Forum (ISF).
For effective Students guidance and counselling an advisory system is introduced which includes a "Faculty Advisor" and 2 Counsellors per Class. The Faculty Advisor is in charge of the whole class with each Counsellor having an caring eye on a group of students. They handle the problem related to attendance, discipline and personal problem of students. Regular Parents- Teachers meetings are conducted to assess students performance. Lastly the department has got very good Infrastructural facilities which Includes full fledged laboratories and a library with an extensive collection of Books and Journals.
To mould socially committed Professionals who strive for excellence to meet the challenges of modern Electronics and Communication Industry.
- To develop high quality professionals to meet the growing challenges of electronics industry
- Sharpen their problem solving skills and provide them with industry oriented training to face the challenges of the corporate world.
- Associate with reputed Institutions for Academic excellence and collaborative research
- Provide value based education that mould socially committed professionals.
- Create a learning environment of highest standards that nurtures creativity, high ambitions, optimism and perseverance.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Analyze, plan, design and develop innovative electronic products.
- Apply the knowledge acquired in Electronics and Communication Engineering to solve social relevant problems and to pursue further research in this trade.
- Indulge in continuous learning for career enhancement to adapt with changing professional scenarios.
- Work with the team, using the technical knowledge attained in order to achieve the project objectives.
- Understand professional responsibilities and ethics
- Communicate and demonstrate effectively and to exhibit leadership skills.
IN-HOUSE PROJECT & TRAINING
The Major & Minor Projects related to the course are done as "In-house Projects". This empowers the students to conceive and execute projects on his own. The students are exposed to various training programs like OrCAD, MATLAB, Proteus, Microcontroller Programming, Embedded Kit training etc enhancing his/her technical skill.
- Department Location : 1st Floor Room No B104
- Year of Establishment : 2011
- Head of Department : Prof. Radhakrishnan K
- Contact Phone No : 9446806233
- Email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address : Department of Electronics and Communication Engineers
Holykings College of Engineering and Technology
Pampakuda, Ernakulam Dist, Kerala Pin -686667
A graduate in Engineering has got maximum option for his career in the field of Electronics, Communication, Electrical, Computer Software,Hardware, IT & IT enabled services, e-commerce, general administration, various Govt departments & Industries like BSNL, IOCL, BARC, ISRO, DRDO, BPCL, ONGC, BEL, BHEL, Indian Railway and other Multinational Companies like TATA Consultancy Services (TCS), Infosys, Cognizant Technology Solution (CTS), WIPRO, IBM etc. The Semiconductor Companies like ARM, Intel, Qualcomm, Broadcomm, Cypress, Synopsys etc also wait in profusion along with other Industries. In short an ECE graduate has got an wide range of catch around himself.
Aavishkar 2017Tech Fest 2017 "AAVISHKAR- 17" was inaugurated on 23th March 2017 at 10:00 AM.Chief Guest on the occasion was Sri.John Mathew M, GM(Works), HNL Kottayam.
Symphonia 2017The College Arts Fest Symphonia –2017 was Inaugurated by famous stand up comedian, Mr. Ramesh Pisharody. The College arts fest has been hosted on 25th March 2017.
Women's Day 2017As part of women’s day celebration at the college, a self defence programme was conducted. It was inaugurated by Smt. Usha A S, SI Women cell, Aluva.
Annual Athletic Meet - 2017The college Annual Athletic Meet 2016-17 was inaugurated by Dr. Binu George Vargheese (Director, Physical education, MG university) on 1st April, 2017.
250317Symphonia 2017The College Arts Fest Symphonia –2017 was Inaugurated by famous stand up comedian, Mr. Ramesh Pisharody. The College arts fest has been hosted on 25th March 2017.
230317Aavishkar 2017Tech Fest 2017 "AAVISHKAR- 17" was inaugurated on 23th March 2017 at 10:00 AM.Chief Guest on the occasion was Sri.John Mathew M, GM(Works), HNL Kottayam.
70415Additional Skill Acquisition Training Programme to higher secondary students InaugurationAutomotive Machining course as a joint initiative of higher education department and general education department,Govt. of Kerala through PCFCT,inaugurated by sri. P.V Thomas chairman,NECT. Click here for photos >>