The Mechanical Engineering Branch commenced at Holy Kings College of Engineering & Technology in 2011 with a sanctioned strength of 60 students.The batch strength has been enhanced to 120 from the academic year 2014-15.
Mechanical Engineering is concerned with the design, development, research, evaluation, manufacture, installation, testing, operation, maintenance and management of machines, mechanical and mechatronic systems, automated systems and robotic devices, heat transfer processes, thermodynamic and combustion systems, fluid and thermal energy systems, materials and materials handling systems, manufacturing equipment and process plant.
Prof. (Cmde.) P. Koshy Varughese is the Head of the Department. The students are admitted to the course on the basis of entrance test conducted at the state level (Kerala Entrance). The curriculum includes a diverse range of the subjects. The department at present has 7 labs to cater to the needs of the students. The real strength of the department lies in its well-qualified, dedicated and extremely motivated faculty who have passed out from elite institutions.
To mould competent Mechanical Engineering graduates with innovative thinking, strong ethical / social values and ability to contribute effectively to the development of the society at large.
- Mould Mechanical Engineering graduates responsive to the industrial needs and social commitment.
- Develop the Department as a centre of excellence in Technical Education and Research.
- Inculcate leadership and decision making skills with focus on professional ethics and quality.
- Practice innovative methods of teaching fundamental and conceptual knowledge with an aim to develop creativity.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Provide firm grounding in professional skills and ability to use modern scientific tools necessary for Mechanical Engineering profession.
- Inculcate leadership qualities and ethics necessary for practicing as a successful Mechanical Engineer.
- Ability to model, analyze, design and realize physical systems, components and processes related to Mechanical Engineering.
- Merge into modern work environment as successful professionals.Build the spirit of co-operation to function in multi-disciplinary teams.
Aavishkar 2017Tech Fest 2017 "AAVISHKAR- 17" was inaugurated on 23th March 2017 at 10:00 AM.Chief Guest on the occasion was Sri.John Mathew M, GM(Works), HNL Kottayam.
Symphonia 2017The College Arts Fest Symphonia –2017 was Inaugurated by famous stand up comedian, Mr. Ramesh Pisharody. The College arts fest has been hosted on 25th March 2017.
Women's Day 2017As part of women’s day celebration at the college, a self defence programme was conducted. It was inaugurated by Smt. Usha A S, SI Women cell, Aluva.
Annual Athletic Meet - 2017The college Annual Athletic Meet 2016-17 was inaugurated by Dr. Binu George Vargheese (Director, Physical education, MG university) on 1st April, 2017.
250317Symphonia 2017The College Arts Fest Symphonia –2017 was Inaugurated by famous stand up comedian, Mr. Ramesh Pisharody. The College arts fest has been hosted on 25th March 2017.
230317Aavishkar 2017Tech Fest 2017 "AAVISHKAR- 17" was inaugurated on 23th March 2017 at 10:00 AM.Chief Guest on the occasion was Sri.John Mathew M, GM(Works), HNL Kottayam.
70415Additional Skill Acquisition Training Programme to higher secondary students InaugurationAutomotive Machining course as a joint initiative of higher education department and general education department,Govt. of Kerala through PCFCT,inaugurated by sri. P.V Thomas chairman,NECT. Click here for photos >>