Electronics and Communication Engineering
A 10-day Training programme for S8 students on " Embedded Systems" , in association with Audrey Technologies Pvt Ltd & Dept. of ECE, HKCET is organised from 18-01-2017.
Department of Electronics And Communication Engineering - Newsletter 2016-17
The S4 Students of Dept of ECE went for an Industrial Visit to CIAL, Kochi on 09-02-2017.
The students of S5 ECE went for a 4 day industrial visit to Bangalore
The activities of the Association of Electronics & Communication Engineering of HKCET for the year 2017-18, was inagurated by Mr. Franklin George, General Manager, SFO Technologies on 23-02-2017.
A seminar on "Industrial Automation" by Graphane Automation Pvt.Ltd. was held for S8 & S6 ECE and S6 EEE students on 28.02.2017
The Electronics & Communication Dept. of HKCET has conducted a 5 day Short Term Training Programme on "Engineering Applications of Signal Processing" from 01.02.2016 to 05.02.2016. The programme was inaugurated by Dr. P Murali Krishna, Scientist-F, NPOL Kochi.
IEEE Student branch and Dept. of ECE conducted a one-day training on "LED LAMP ASSEMBLING" on 13.08.2016, Saturday at 9 am. Details are attached.
A Skill Development programme on "Simulation using Proteus" was conducted for S6 students by the IEEE Student Chapter, HKCET on 23-01-2017.
A one day workshop on Robotics is organised by Project development & Training Agency United on 07-02-2017.
||Pass Percentage||University Position|
|S4||63%||13th (out of 41)|
|S6||76%||10th (out of 41)|
|S8||98%||2nd (out of 41)
||Pass Percentage||University Position|
|S3||68%||7th (out of 41)|
|S5||58%||15th (out of 41)|
|S7||88%||2nd (out of 41)|
BEST OUTGOING STUDENT (2012-2016 Batch)
RAHUL V M
ACADEMIC TOPPER (2012-2016 Batch)
JYOTHY JAYAN - 80.71%
BEST SEMINAR (Shared by)
1. Karthika P K - MEMs based Medical Endomicroscopes
2. Rahul V M - Wireless Power Transmission
BEST PROJECT (Title : Ultimate School Bus Security System)
1. Rahul V M
2. Snowya Sara
3. Gargi G
4. Adish M R
A Session on "PIC Microcontroller" by Ronics Labz was conducted for S6, ECE on 25.01.2016.
The Association of Electronics and Communication Engineering (AECE) is conducting a tutorial session for the 12th class Students of various Schools on the topics "Semiconductor Devices " and "Communication Systems" . The main intention is to share the knowledge and to aid the students in understanding practical applications of Electronics related topics .
A 5 day training programme on "PIC Microcontroller" is conducted for S6, ECE students from 08.02.2016 by Ronicz Labs. The training is coordinated by Asst. Prof Binsa Mathew and Asst. Prof Merin Skariah.
Asst. Prof Megha Peter and Asst. Prof Binsa Mathew attended a Short Term Training programme on Speech Processing from 14th - 18th December 2015 at Vishwajyothi College of Engineering and Technology, Vazhakulam.
- Ann Susan Thomas of S5, ECE got selected for the 67th Republic Day Parade at New Delhi.
- Association of Electronics and Communication Engineers (AECE) is conducting a workshop on " Science of Music " on 09.10.2015 (Friday). The worshop will be handled by Prof. Pradip Somasundaran, Playback singer and Principal, Govt College of Applied Science Vadakkencherry. Asst Professor Alex Mathew and Asst. prof Megha Peter will be coordinating the event.
- The S3 ECE students will have 1 day Industrial visit to O/E/N India, Limited cochin On 17/10/2015.They will be accompanied by Asst. prof Abhilash AP, Asst. Prof. Alex Mathew & Asst. Prof. Megha Peter.
- A Technical talk on SONAR will be conducted on 30/09/2015 .The chief guest of the programme is Prof. M. Mathurakani, former DRDO scientist and currently Professor in ECE Dept of Toc H Institute of Science and Technology. The event is coordinated by Asst. prof Binsa Mathew and Asst. Prof Anupriya R.
- Electronics and Communication department is conducting a workshop on Embedded Systems and ARM Processor on 08/10/2015 in seminar hall from 9 AM to 12 Noon.The chief guest of the programme is Shri. S. Thomas CEO Digital Core Technologies. The programme is coordinated by Asst. Prof Abhilash A P and Asst. Prof. Neethu Mohan.
- The S5 ECE students will have 1 day Industrial visit to F.M.Station AIR Kochi On 12/10/2015.They will be accompanied by Asst. prof Abhilash AP, Asst. Prof. Nitheesh Kurian & Asst. Prof. Binsa Mathew.
The following are the bearers for ISF the year 2016-2017
Staff Coordinator - Neethu Jo vavachan
Chairman - Charly Joseph
Vice Chairman - Sneha Kuriakose
Secretary - Binson Babu
Joint Secretary - Krishna Suresh
Treasuree - Anu Treasa Paulose
Ex. Committee member
- The Educational Tour of 5th Semester Students of Electronics and Comunication Department is Scheduled from 18 to 23 rd September 2015. The faculties accompanying are Prof. Abhilash A P, Prof. Nitheesh Kurian and Prof. Anupriya.
- An awareness programme on " IEEE Students Chapter " will be conducted on 9/17/2015. Mr. Thomas Sabu, Membership Development Working Group Chair, IEEE will be the chief guest of the programme. The programme is coordinated by Asst.Prof. Nitheesh Kurian.
- An aptitude test training programme will be conducted on 10.10.2015 (Saturday) for students of S7 ECE by T.I.M.E Cochin from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
- A Technical talk on " Application of Embedded Systems" will be conducted on 20/08/2015 .The talk was delivered by s Mr. Jossy Sebastian, Sr. Software Engineer BOTZ Embedded Solutions, Kaloor. The programme is coordinated by Mr. Alex Mathew.
The following students of ECE gathered prizes in various items in the Symphonia 2015 (Arts fest).
- Ammini Joseph & Karthika P K (S6ECE) - 1st Prize in Group Song
- Gargi G (S6ECE) - 2nd in Classical Dance
- Elizebeth John (S6ECE) - 3rd in Fancy Dress
- Karthika P K (S6ECE) - 1st in Light Music and 2nd in Duet Karoke
- Jasmine Johny (S6ECE) - 3rd in Essay Writing(Malayalam) and Story writing
- Avin Jacob (S8ECE) - 1st in Instrumental Music & 2nd in group dance
- Sneha (S8ECE) - 1st in English recitation, 1st in step & syncro
- Christina (S8ECE) - 1st in Poem writing (English)
- Sugandhi (S8ECE) - 1st in short story writing (malayalam) & 3rd in extempore (malayalam)
Arun Cherian S3 Electronics Secured 2nd Prize in Circuit Debbuging in the Tech Fest held at M.A College, Kothamangalam.
The following Students of S7 Electronics have been shortlisted to the second round of campus recruitment carried out by R.H.L Vision on 23/09/2014.
- Jerin James
- Amilu Saji
- Aby C M
- Geethumol K A
- Sneha S P
- Ashick Benny
- Albert P V
- Anaya Sabu
- Avin Thomas Jacob
Educational Tour for the year 2015 is scheduled as follows
- S1S2 ECE , 1day tour to Devikulam radio station is scheduled on 21/2/2015.
- S4 ECE ,3 day Tour which includes Industrial Visit to Palakkad, ITI is Scheduled on 7/2/2015.
- S6 ECE, 5 day tour is scheduled on 22/01/2015. It includes visit to HAL bangalore, BSNL mysore, and Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum.
- S8 ECE, will have Educational Tour on 11/02/2015. The Program will be of 3 days i.e from 11th feb to 14th feb, which will include technical visit to All India Radio, mysore.
The ECE Department Association, "e-brains" conducted the Association Activity Inauguration on 10/10/2014 at 9.15 am with Dr. APREM. T.J, Head RF Systems Division VSSC-ISRO, as the Chief Guest.
Aavishkar 2017Tech Fest 2017 "AAVISHKAR- 17" was inaugurated on 23th March 2017 at 10:00 AM.Chief Guest on the occasion was Sri.John Mathew M, GM(Works), HNL Kottayam.
Symphonia 2017The College Arts Fest Symphonia –2017 was Inaugurated by famous stand up comedian, Mr. Ramesh Pisharody. The College arts fest has been hosted on 25th March 2017.
Women's Day 2017As part of women’s day celebration at the college, a self defence programme was conducted. It was inaugurated by Smt. Usha A S, SI Women cell, Aluva.
Annual Athletic Meet - 2017The college Annual Athletic Meet 2016-17 was inaugurated by Dr. Binu George Vargheese (Director, Physical education, MG university) on 1st April, 2017.
250317Symphonia 2017The College Arts Fest Symphonia –2017 was Inaugurated by famous stand up comedian, Mr. Ramesh Pisharody. The College arts fest has been hosted on 25th March 2017.
230317Aavishkar 2017Tech Fest 2017 "AAVISHKAR- 17" was inaugurated on 23th March 2017 at 10:00 AM.Chief Guest on the occasion was Sri.John Mathew M, GM(Works), HNL Kottayam.
70415Additional Skill Acquisition Training Programme to higher secondary students InaugurationAutomotive Machining course as a joint initiative of higher education department and general education department,Govt. of Kerala through PCFCT,inaugurated by sri. P.V Thomas chairman,NECT. Click here for photos >>